Pet Kitten Purchase Agreement
Laura Sabourin (the seller)
R R # 1,
Sample Purchaser Name
Sample Full Address
Sample telephone numbers and email address
Description of cat :
Date of birth:
Deposit : $300.00 transferable but non-refundable
Price: CDN $xxxx plus the cost of altering and any additional charges for shipping etc. to be paid in full prior to the kitten leaving our home, by cash or certified cheque. The total will be reduced by the amount of deposit received.
The Seller and Purchaser agree to the following conditions of this agreement:
2. This cat is not to be declawed.
3. Under no circumstance is this cats to be sold, leased or given to any pet shop, animal shelter , research laboratory or similar facility.
4. The Purchaser agrees not to resell, transfer or give away the cat without giving the Seller the first option to readopt the cat.
5. Adequate indoor sanitary facilities must be provided, and this cat will not be allowed to roam outdoors.
6. If this cat is found to be neglected or in ill health for an unreasonable length of time, the Purchaser will surrender said cat to the Seller unconditionally.
7. This cat is purchased as a pet.
8. The Seller agrees to supply an accurate pedigree.
9. The Seller agrees to provide a medical booklet.
The Seller guarantees this cat
to be free of hereditary defect or disease and will replace the cat ,within two years of the date of this contract, should the purchaser provide evidence
from a board certified Veterinary specialist diagnosing a hereditary defect or
disease. Any costs associated with replacing a cat will be at the Purchaser's expense i.e. veterinary &shipping costs.
The Seller's liability is expressly limited to a replacement kitten of equal value.
11. The Seller guarantees this cat to be free of fleas,ticks, worms and in good
health at the time of pickup/shipping. The Purchaser is advised to isolate the
cat from all other pets and have the cat examined by a certified Veterinarian
within 48 hours of receiving the cat. The Seller must be notified in writing
immediately , of any health concerns identified by
the Purchaser's veterinarian. The Purchaser may elect to keep the kitten or to return the kitten for a refund or replacement within 48 hours of the veterinarian examination.
12. The Purchaser grants the Seller full access to the cat's health records and the right to the consult with the purchaser's veterinarian.
13. All health guarantees are void if :
13.1 the purchaser has the cat vaccinated with the FIP or Feline Leukaemia vaccinations
13.2 the cat is vaccinated against rabies within three days of the administration of any other vaccination
13.3 the cat is vaccinated while not in good health
13.4 the cat has been declawed
14. This contract contains no cash refund clause except as expressly stated in paragraph 11. It will be governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario, Canada.
As the purchaser, I accept this contract and agree to abide by the terms thereof. I understand that this contract contains terms that may constitute co-ownership.
Purchaser ____________________ Seller _________________________________
dated this day of 2013 in St. Catharines, Ontario